Assembly Expo to Feature Medical-Device Assembly PavilionAugust 1, 2009
Assembly Technology Expo (ATExpo) and its four pavilions—Electronics Midwest, Wire Harness Process Solutions, Medical Device Assembly/ Automation, and Sensors and Vision —lands at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL, September 22-24. Sponsored by Assembly magazine, the show’s more than 600 exhibitors promise to provide attendees with ideas and new-product showcases to allow metalformers to assemble their parts faster and more cost effectively than ever before.
• The Electronics Midwest pavilion will house exhibitors displaying surface-mount assembly technology and related equipment.
• The Wire Harness Process Solutions pavilion will showcase equipment used to manufacture electronic cable assemblies, including stamping, crimping and testing technology.
|An archived article from MetalForming described this automated assembly station working at metalformer Buhrke Industries, Arlington Heights, IL, used to assemble car-radio chassis.|
• Source the latest in automation and assembly technology for medical-device production at the Medical Device Assembly/Automation pavilion.
• And, see the latest in machine vision and sensing technology at the Sensors and Vision pavilion. Among the products on display at the exposition:
• End-of-line packaging equipment
• Fasteners and precision-formed parts
• Welding and brazing equipment
• Presses and forming equipment
• Robots and robotic systems
• Parts-handling conveyors
• Automated storage and retrieval systems
• Contract assembly services
View a complete list of exhibitors at www.devicelink.com/expo/atexpo09/ exhibit/showall.html.
Five Co-Located Conferences— Medical, Assembly, Design, Green, and Quality
A highlight of AT Expo is the Lean Factory, a series of complimentary educational sessions demonstrating a data-driven approach to assembly-line design and the tools used to create a visual factory. The sessions combine the expertise and technology of five sponsoring companies: Bosch Rexroth, Orgatex Americas (a supplier of visual-management and kanban tools), lean-manufacturing consultants Leonardo Group Americas, safeguarding-equipment manufacturer Omron STI, and equipment distributor Airline.